Citizen Science Research Project Participant, University of Ottawa (Winter 2017)
- The CREATE Democracy research team at uOttawa has started a Citizen Science initiative to engage teacher candidates in the process of democratic science. I am in the process of developing a Citizen Science project proposal for teacher use, and have developed this Citizen Science Plan Template for developing a project overview.
Building Futures: Interactive Learning and Resources, University of Ottawa (January 2017)
- Check out these two session summaries from the Ministry of Education’s Building Futures Conference
EdInnovation 2016: Ottawa Bilingual Education Summit, La Cité collégiale (October 2016)
- Here are my top tech take-aways from this amazing conference!
Health, Safety and the Law, Ottawa Catholic School Board (August 2016)
- I completed this online certification course through the OCSB
Teachers Teaching Teachers Conference, University of Ottawa (April 2016)
- This two-day series of workshops was the capstone event for Year 1 of the Teacher Education program at uOttawa. Highlights included workshops on:
- Twitter Use for Educators with Laura Wheeler;
- Mathematizing the World with Susan Davidson;
- Creating A Culture of Inquiry with Janice Barclay;
- Outdoor Learning with Jacqueline Whelan.
Science Saturdays Workshops (Let’s Talk Science, Population Education), University of Ottawa
- A summary of a few of the Science Saturdays workshops!
SMART Board Essentials Workshop, University of Ottawa
- This two-part training session reviewed SMART Board technology, how to set it up, the use and features of SMART Notebook technology, and presentation software and strategies for interactive whiteboards.